This answer is exclusively for iPhone/iOS users. For Android users, please refer to this page.
The easiest way to make sure all these permissions are enabled is to re-install the BLS Mobil app and authorise all accesses.
- Location preferences: Set to “always” to make sure BLS Mobil can track your location and detect the right journey while you are using another app (so-called “background data”).
- Motion & Fitness: Set to On, so that BLS Mobil can detect footsteps and remind you to check-out when you have reached your destination.
- Notifications: Set to On, so that BLS Mobil can send you check-out reminders as well as price summary of your journey.
- Background app refresh: Set to On, so that BLS Mobil can continue tracking your location if your phone is restarted (for example if your phone ran out of battery while travelling).
- Mobile data: Set to On, so that your mobile phone can communicate with BLS Mobil during the journey, to guarantee a valid ticket. While travelling, BLS Mobil typically uses 1MB of data per hour.
- WIFI and Bluetooth: We recommend to activate these. Even if they are not connected, they will improve the accuracy of your location data.
Is it enough if I enable the location setting "While using the App", "Ask Next Time" or "Never"?
No, BLS Mobil will not work.
With these location preferences, BLS Mobil cannot access “background data”: your location if the app is not visible on the screen (for example if you are using another app). Therefore, BLS Mobil is not able to make sure to detect the right journey and to guarantee a valid ticket.
When does BLS Mobil access my location?
BLS Mobil only tracks your data when the app is open or when a journey is ongoing.
- BLS Mobil starts accessing your location when you open the app.
- BLS Mobil stops accessing your location when the journey is finalized: 5 minutes after the price is displayed, the latest.
- Despite the "Always" location permission, we do not locate our customers continuously. We only locate the location when a trip is made. This setting allows the trip to be recorded correctly even if the app crashes during a trip, the smartphone is restarted, a new version of the app is installed or the user closes the app.
My phone told me that BLS Mobil accessed my background location several times in the last 3 days?
This is probably because you made a journey on BLS Mobil and that the BLS Mobil app was not visible on the screen at all times. Don’t worry, the app did not try to find out where you were on other occasions.