This answer is exclusively for Android users. For iPhone/iOS users, please refer to this page.
The easiest way to make sure all these permissions are enabled is to re-install the BLS Mobil app and authorise all accesses.
- Location preferences: Set to “Allow all the time” to make sure BLS Mobil can track your location and detect the right journey while you are using another app (so-called “background data”).
- Physical activity: Set to “Allow”, so that BLS Mobil can detect footsteps and remind you to check-out when you have reached your destination.
- Notifications: Allow notifications, so that BLS Mobil can send you check-out reminders as well as price summary of your journey.
- Mobile data: Set to On, so that your mobile phone can communicate with BLS Mobil during the journey, to guarantee a valid ticket. While travelling, BLS Mobil typically uses 1MB of data per hour.
- Battery Saving Mode: Deactivate it when you travel with BLS Mobil, as it stops access to your locations data. Especially if you are using a Huawei, Xiaomi, OnePlus or Oppo.
Will BLS Mobil still work if I use location preference “Allowed only while in use” or “Denied”?
No, it will not work.
With these location preferences, BLS Mobil cannot access “background data”: your location if the app is not visible on the screen (for example if you are using another app). Therefore, BLS Mobil is not able to make sure to detect the right journey and to guarantee a valid ticket.
So, when does BLS Mobil access my location?
BLS Mobil only tracks your data when the app is open or when a journey is ongoing.
- BLS Mobil starts accessing your location when you open the app.
- BLS Mobil stops accessing your location when the journey is finalized: 5 minutes after the price is displayed, the latest.