What are the maximum dimensions for loading large vehicles for the BLS car transport?
Large vehicles exceeding 3.5t total weight can only be transported between Kandersteg and Goppenstein (Lötschberg).
The carriages are higher and are only used on the Lötschberg. Thus, vehicles up to 3.5 t, large vehicles as well as caravans with 2.50 m width and 2-axles can be loaded. Nevertheless, there are maximum dimensions for this profile. Please check the use of these wagons in the timetable for large-capacity vehicles.
Note the relations between height and width. Examples using the max. dimensions:
- If the maximum height of 3.55 m is reached,
the vehicle must not be wider than 1.40 m.
- If the maximum width of 2.50 m is reached,
the vehicle must not be higher than 2.90 m.
- The maximum weight is 28 tonnes.
- The vehicle including trailer must not be longer than 12 meters.
- Buses with 10 to 22 seats may not be wider than 2.30 m for safety reasons
- Which vehicles can be transported?