Large vehicles exceeding 3.5t total weight can only be transported between Kandersteg and Goppenstein (Lötschberg).
Note the relations between height and width. Examples using the max. dimensions:
- If the maximum height of 3.55 m is reached,
the vehicle must not be wider than 1.40 m.
- If the maximum width of 2.50 m is reached,
the vehicle must not be higher than 2.90 m.
- The maximum weight is 28 tonnes.
- The vehicle including trailer must not be longer than 12 meters.
- Buses with 10 to 22 seats may not be wider than 2.30 m for safety reasons
- Link to the timetable for large vehicles