Which vehicles can be transported? | Maximum height and width BLS car transport
The maximum height and width varies depending on the connection and line. Large vehicles exceeding 3.5t total weight can only be transported between Kandersteg and Goppenstein (Lötschberg). Loading for large vehicles is not possible on the Simplon. Instructions for motorcycles are at the end of this article.
Carriages with small profile (Lötschberg and Simplon)
These carriages are used on all lines (Lötschberg and Simplon). They are suitable for vehicles up to 3.5 t that do not exceed the maximum mass.
Note: The carraige is too small for large vehicles (buses, trucks, large motor homes, etc.) and caravans with 2.50 m width and 2-axles.
|Maximum dimensions small profile|
There is a relationship between height and width:
Carriages with large profile (Lötschberg)
These carraiges are higher and are only used on the Lötschberg. Thus, vehicles up to 3.5 t, large vehicles as well as caravans with 2.50 m width and 2-axles can be loaded. Nevertheless, there are maximum dimensions for this profile. Please check the use of these wagons in the timetable for large-capacity vehicles.
|Maximum dimensions large profile|
|Note the relations between height and width. Examples using the max. dimensions:
Notes for motorcycles
- There are no size restrictions for motorcycles.
- Motorcycles are transported in the control car.
- Trains are operated with different control cars; those with and those without sliding side doors.
- Depending on which control trailer is in use and how big your motorcycle is, our experienced staff on site will recommend waiting for a different connection.
- Read the loading instructions for the Lötschberg.
- Read the loading instructions for the Simplon.